Stretford and Sale Foodhall are kicking off 2022 right with some magnificent independent street food vendors taking residency in M32 and M33 this month, plus there’s Veganuary specials, Dry January treats in store and neighborhood events coming up.
At Stretford Foodhall’s spacious neighbourhood venue, you’ll find Pan-Asian streetfood supers stars Dim Sum-Su this month (in residence till 30th January). And the Foodhall favourites have spiced up Veganuary this year by making their entire award-winning Pan-Asian menu 100% plant based for the month, so guests can indulge in a taste of Hong Kong this January – meat, dairy and guilt free!
Menu highlights include:
- Chinese steamed bao buns with a choice of panko garlic mushroom, yakitori jackfruit, satay aubergine, teriyaki banana blossom or katsu mock chicken
- Crispy, spicy blackbean and potato pockets
- Heavenly vegan burgers, served with Asian slaw, crispy shallots, and sriracha mayo
You’re twistin’ my taco, man… The Twisted Meal will join Dim Sum Su this month in Stretford. (also in residence till 30th January). The Tex-Mex masters describe their tantalising menu as ‘soul food with a Mexican twist’ and are specialists in gluten-free goodness.
Favourite dishes include:
- Chilli Cheesesteak Quesadillas (GF) – Soft folded corn tortillas, dry aged grass fed Ox cheek and mince chilli, gooey cheese,morita salsa, pico de gallo, lime & chilli crumb, pink pickles, onion and coriander
- Mexican Cheesy Chips (GF) – Skin on fries, house made nacho cheese, lime and chilli seasoning
- Pork Carnitas (GF) – Soft corn tortillas, free range, dry aged heritage middle white and tamworth pork shoulder, green salsa, pink pickles, onion and coriander
The latest addition to the Foodhall family, the huge new recently opened venue in Sale, also has a fantastic line up of streetfood heroes coming up this January. Permanent residents Basilico and What’s Your Beef? have been holding the fort over at Stanley Square for the last few months and now, Sale Foodhall’s newest street food vendor Nasi Lemak will be joining the team too and bringing a taste of Malaysia right to M33’s doorstep. Nasi Lemak are in residence until 30th January.
There is a host of starters, mains, and sides including:
- Sui Mai Dumplings – Garnished with soy, sriracha, black bean chilli oil, toasted sesame seeds & green onions.
- Vegan Fried Chkn – Crispy seitan pieces made from soya. Gluten free. Includes vegan basmati rice & pickled salad.
- Rempah Fried Chicken – Fried chicken with satay peanut curry sauce or sticky sweet soy over rice or chips
There’ll also be lots of fabulous sweet treats throughout the month as both Foodhalls will continue to host their favourite independent, artisan makers on the counters – look out for incredible (and insta-worthy) specials like the amazing green vegan pistachio macarons from English Rose Bakery coming this weekend, alongside Portuguese baking icons Just Natas. Meanwhile, Basilicio are also serving up a seriously drool worthy Nutella dessert pizza. Yes, please!
Plus there’s an amazing range of vegan products for Veganary at the onsite General Stores including the dreamy Oat Milk Salted Caramel Chocolate by Hip, plus Booja Booja and Vego Chocolate Spread. Those in the midst of Dry Jan should also head on over to the Foodhalls where they’ll find loads of alcohol free craft beer, wine, and ciders (that are stocked all year round too) plus soft drinks designed to be so packed full of goodness and flavour that it feels EVEN better than drinking cocktails – maybe. Hip Hop Kombucha – we’re talking about you.
And sober or not, everyone is welcome at Sale Foodhall’s Pub Quiz on the 20th January. It’s the first of many events at Stanley Square’s newest community hub as the venue also gets the disco ball decks spinning with DJs on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for perfect weekend evening vibes.