Whether you prefer to add them to sauces, sautéed on toast or with a comforting risotto, the strengths and subtleties of mushrooms have been championed in Italian cooking for centuries. From September through to November, your local Carluccio’s in Manchester will be celebrating the mushroom with a special range of artisan deli products and a specials menu enriched by treasures from Antonio Carluccio’s book “The Quiet Hunt.”
Whether in a hearty risotto, sautéed on toast, or in a creamy sauce, the mushroom has been a proud staple in Italian cuisine for centuries. From breakfast to dinner, there’s an array of Antonio’s mushroom dishes at your local. Start the morning with the new Portobello Benedict – poached eggs with hollandaise served on roasted portobello mushrooms. Lunch and dinner dishes include Mushroom Fonduta – mixed mushrooms in a rich taleggio sauce with white truffle oil, Porcini and Truffle Lasagne, Porcini and Portobello Risotto and Fillet Steak with truffle butter, served with a rich mushroom and porcini sauce.
Finish of with the ‘Bosco Incantato’ – a dessert inspired by Antonio’s vast collection of mushroom memorabilia – a ‘toadstool’ made with vanilla & chocolate ice cream, chocolate & hazelnut sauce, pistachios, hazelnuts, fresh raspberries and panettone.
What’s more, buy two main courses from the mushroom menu and receive a free bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal* when you sign-up online and redeem your voucher beforehand at www.carluccios.com/wine2019.
As foraging for wild mushrooms was Antonio passion and a national pastime in Italy – Carluccio’s has packaged up some delicious standout products available for purchase in-store or online including:
- Risotto con tartufi e porcini (250g, £5.95) – An easy to make risotto with dried porcini and truffle pieces. You will only need butter and parmesan to create a creamy and rich risotto.
- Burro al tartufo (80g, £5.25) – Truffle butter with black summer truffle. Delicious with pasta, rice, polenta or potatoes. Spread on small pieces of crostini toast for a special antipasto.
- Olio al tartufo (55ml, £7.95) – Olive oil infused with white truffle. A few drops will bring dishes to life…
- Crema di porcini e tartufi (80g, £3.95) – A cream of porcini mushroom and truffle, ideal to stir through a long pasta such as pappardelle or use as a decadent crostini.
- Tritato di funghi e tartufi (80g, £5.95) – Coarsely ground mushrooms & truffle. Perfect for instant crostini & wonderful topping for a steak.