Those with a love of El Gato Negro’s impressive drinks menu can rejoice, the acclaimed Spanish tapas restaurant has boxed up a range of its finest bottles available to purchase from a new festive shop.
Hand-selected by Master of Wine Miles Corish, one of only a handful of Master of Wines in the North West and of 409 in the world, enjoyment is guaranteed.
There are ten boxed options from which to choose including red wine, white wine, cava, port and gin, all of which can be complemented with a wide range of El Gato Negro’s multi-award-winning cured meats, cheeses, accompaniments, olives, and sweets.
For confident cooks a further food hamper – The Chef – featuring Head Chef of sister restaurant Canto Carlos Gomes’ own personal paella recipe, provides the opportunity to try your hand at making a Spanish feast of your own. The hamper includes everything you will need including Calasparra rice, saffron, Las Hermanas paprika, O-med extra virgin olive oil, Piquillo peppers, organic tomate frito, along with a step-by-step recipe card from the Michelin-award-winning chef and a two-person paella pan.
Prices range from £35 to £165, making El Gato Negro’s boxed sets the perfect self-treat, gift for friends and family or corporate present. Additional food items are individually priced.
All orders are tastefully presented in a traditional wooden wine box or a cellophane-wrapped hamper sealed with a bow and are available for collection from the restaurant.
“We’ve talked of introducing El Gato Negro hampers from the day we first opened the doors here in Manchester but to be frank, always managed to find a bigger priority.
If you’re to focus on the positives of this year, that’s one of them, being challenged to think, adapt and do things differently. As we temporarily close the doors to El Gato Negro and Canto once again, there’s no better time for us to make them a reality.
The drinks Miles has selected really are some of the best. We’ve worked together closely now for over 15 years, since our first site over in Ripponden, and what he doesn’t know about wine really isn’t worth knowing. Whilst we can’t unfortunately serve them at our bar right now, I’m happy we’re able to make them available for guests to enjoy at home. There’s some great wines included.”
(Simon Shaw, Chef Patron & Creative Director of El Gato Negro)
Hampers are available to order for collection or delivery now here. Last orders for Christmas deliveries are 18:00 on Monday 21st December 2020.
El Gato Negro Gift Boxes
- The Rioja (1x red, 1xwhite) £35
- The Sherry (2 x sherry) £45
- The Port (1x red port, 1 x white port) £55
- The Classics: Spanish (1x cava, 1x red, 1 x white) £45
- The Classics: Portuguese (1x cava, 1x red, 1x white) £45
- The Premium (1x cava, 1x red, 1 x white) £60
- The Masterclass I (1x cava, 2x red, 2x white, 1x port) £95
- The Masterclass II (1x cava, 2x red, 2x white, 1x port) £120
- The Masterclass III (1x champagne, 2x red, 2x white, 1x port) £165
- The Gin (1x Portobello rd. gin, 2x fever tree tonic, 1x gin balloon glass, 1x white chocolate marcona almonds, 1x chocolate sardines) £45
- The Pink Gin (1x Mombassa strawberry gin, 1x rosé cava, 1x white chocolate marcona almonds, 1x chocolate sardines) £60
- The Chef: Paella (paella ingredients, recipe card, and paella pan) £35
Optional Additional Food Items
- Cured Meats
- Enebral Organic chorizo 100g £5
- Enebral Organic salchichón 100g £5
- Sliced Paleta Iberica 100g £10.50
- Esperanza del Castillo aged Manchego 250g £8
- Rosemary wedge of cheese 250g £8
- Cheese accompaniments
- Picos de pan, mini breadsticksmade with olive oil 230g £3
- 2 x Torta Olive Oil Biscuits £3
- Perelló Manzanilla pitted green olives with chilli £3
- ArteMonte venison pâté jar 100g £3
- Smoked sardines’ fillet 150g £6.50
- Whole Santiago tart (Almond tart) £13
- Chocolate Turron 300g £12.50
- Amatller Amatllons, white chocolate coated Marcona almonds 65g £7