To feel anxious is a normal response to a stressful situation. However, if a person can’t normally live without excessive anxiety, that should be immediately discussed with a professional. Such a sign may be an indicator of a severe mental disorder, but do not determine the diagnosis by yourself. Anxiety disorders are more knotty than you think – two people may have the same symptoms for different illnesses.
In this article, we will tackle more serious anxiety-related cases and how to deal with them. However, we will provide some basic tips and tricks on how to deal with anxious feelings or prevent the development of more serious anxiety disorder.
So, when anxiety converts to a disorder?
The primary answer to this question may be dictated by the symptoms felt, both physical and mental. If you have a suspicion about your condition, try to discern some of the following symptoms:
- Appetite decrease
- Constant fear
- Decreased focus
- Rapid heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Sleeping problems
- Troubled berthing
These are primary signs which could indicate a serious condition. However, we did not mention them all, and also, you should understand that such signs as over-thinking or dry mouth can be a normal stress reaction, but if it occurs more potently, you should discuss it with your doctor. As we have already mentioned, you should not conclude by only yourself, your duty is to notice and a professional must state. To learn more about the symptoms of anxiety visit Raw Powders.
Let’s begin with the Generalized anxiety disorder or GAD. The symptoms of this condition include excessive worrying that disturbs daily life. This condition is the most common anxiety-related case, however, sometimes it is hard to explain what has evoked it.
Phobia is also referred to as an anxiety disorder which occurs as an irrational fear of a particular object or situation. Even though a person who has a phobia may indicate the problem by himself, but still cannot control it.
Panic attacks are also a mental dysfunction, materializing into physical and mental symptoms such as shaking, confusion or troubled breathing. Usually, people suffering from panic attacks drastically change their behaviour or habits (which may sometimes seem unordinary) in order to avoid those symptoms later.
Separation anxiety disorder is also a common issue, mostly occurring among more introverted or conservative people. The main attributes of this disorder are:
Raised anxiety levels and zealous disregarding when a particular danger to any separation (subject, person, activity or place) arises.
Also, a very common condition is a social anxiety disorder or SAD, which makes people antisocial, fearful in any socialisations or situations when the person has to deal with other people.
Some people turn to natural remedies to relieve anxiety.There are even more detailed features of these disorders, and we did not mention all types, but let’s move to the main part of this article.
How could I reduce anxiety? 13 tips for emotional improvement
We must emphasize that we will not talk about treatment with medications or such methods that require medical professionals. Our tips include both physical and mental methods, so choose whatever fits you better.
- Try a partial meditation. Breath deeply for a couple of minutes and think about anything lovely and warm. You can try to imagine how your dreams come true or how you are achieving determined goals.
- Accept the fact that you do not have to and cannot control every detail. Maybe there will be no catastrophe if you will release the steering wheel for a moment.
- Talk to other people. Even if there is no such person in your environment, nowadays you can easily use the internet and find someone there. Or perhaps you have such a person around you but you did not notice him or her yet? Consider it.
- Count to ten. The advice is as old as the planet but still works.
- Take a deep dive into yourself. Work with your feelings, find the sources of anxiety. Even though it is a tough task, it is still worth putting in the effort.
- Find your way to run from everything. Not literally run, but escape with your minds. For example, for some people, the circle of salvation is music, for others – yoga. Maybe the hobby could rescue you?
- Regulate your sleeping cycle. It is not as demanding as it seems. You just need to cope with your will for once.
- Balance your diet. Eat such food that could enrich your immune system and maintain your health. Sometimes the deficiency of particular nutrients is the primary cause of fatigue or other malaise.
- Reduce amounts of alcohol and Caffeine, because it strongly contributes to the emergence of anxiety issues.
- Laugh more (but not too much). The humour is always a saviour, try to look into your problem from another perspective and greet some of the failures with a smile.
- Force yourself to participate in any other group activity. Maybe try volunteering or enrol in a public club or organization. Even though you think it is a bit challenging for your communication, still do it. After a month or two you will see the positive changes.
- Exercise. Start with small goals – maybe 10 minutes for pushups per day, or running twice per week. Sports boost your concentration and reduce tension or stress. Firstly, you have to find the physical activity you love. In this way, it will be much easier for you to follow a set plan. And secondly, of course, be patient, nothing develops into a routine during one day or week.
- Share about your intentions of changing with someone. By telling the other person about your plans, you will encourage yourself and commit to fulfilling it. However, writing down your plans is also a way of commitment.
We are hoping that our suggestions will help you seek a brighter life. Keep doing it and enjoy the results.