MediaCityUK in the mist? Autumn leaves on the canal? Black and white or colour to capture Salford people, places and events?
Whatever your preference, Salford City Council would like to see how you see Salford through the eye of the lens.
The city’s annual As Seen in Salford competition is back and looking for images that showcase the city – from landscapes and cityscapes, to people, places, sports, buildings, events, weather and sunsets.
Ceremonial Mayor, Councillor Karen Garrido will help judge the shortlist before the final ten are put to the public vote.
“Entries can be taken on cameras or phones but must have been taken by the person submitting the image,” she said.
“Each photographer can enter a maximum of two images and the winners will be chosen by online voting and announced in December. The best three photographers will win Amazon vouchers.”
This year’s competition is sponsored by LeicaStore Manchester, which started life as Stephen’s of Salford in the late 1960’s.
High resolution entries can be submitted by:
· Email: Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org please enter “As seen in Salford” in subject heading
· Facebook: Either post on our wall or tag us in
· Flickr: Post on the group As Seen in Salford 2016
· Instagram: Tag us in the photo @visitsalford and use #AsseeninSalford
· Twitter: Tag us in @VisitSalford and use #AsseeninSalford.
All entries must be in by noon on Friday 11 November and the winners announced, after online voting, in December. First place wins a £50 Amazon voucher,second place a £15 Amazon voucher and third place a £10 Amazon voucher.