Bolton Wanderers slipped to defeat in their latest Sky Bet Championship outing against Brentford on Saturday afternoon and remain bottom of the table.

Yoann Barbet’s first-half free-kick put the visitors in front, before further second-half strikes from Nico Yennaris and Ollie Watkins put the result beyond doubt for the London outfit.

It was better news this weekend for both Rochdale and Bury who bouts climbed out of the Division One relegation places

Two goals in two first half minutes set Dale on their way to a comfortable 3-0 victory over Gillingham at the Crown Oil Arena.

Ian Henderson broke the deadlock, pouncing on a rebound after Joe Bunney’s effort had been palmed away.

Joe Rafferty doubled the lead just two minutes later with a close range header which fell to him from the Gillingham goalkeeeper’s fumble.

Tom Eaves was given a straight red for the visitors just before the break for a foul on Rafferty, and Dale were always comfortable throughout the second half.

Henderson saw a penalty saved in the final four minutes, but Matty Done added a third in stoppage time after a run from the halfway line and cool finish.

Bury took the lead at the Valley after nine minutes against Charlton through Jemaine Beckford,  Josh Magennis equalising for the home team just before half time, the Shakers sharing the points at a ground they not lost out since 1966.

Late goals condemned Oldham to defeat at the New York Stadium against Rotherham United. Earlier Craig Davies’ fifth goal in as many games had drawn the Latics level after Rotherham had taken an eighth minute lead through Michael Ihiekwe.

Four late second half goals  sealed a comfortable win for the Millers with Kieffer Moore netting two. Substitutes Anthony Forde and Jerry Yates were the other scorers.

Wigan ended up on the wrong side of a five goal contest at Peterborough, undone by a late Jack Marriott goal in pulsating match at The Abax.

Michael Jacobs gave Paul Cook’s men a first half lead, Junior Morias’ second half double had turned the game on its head only for substitute Ryan Colclough to equalise late on before Marriott’s late winner.

Both sides had chances to score more, both keepers made saves, there were penalty appeals at both ends but the game ended in a second defeat of the season for Paul Cook’s men.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here