This spring and summer, Altrincham-based family law firm Maguire Family Law is bringing a community-wide, inclusive photography competition to the people of Altrincham, Bowdon and Hale.
Local residents can win prizes from £750 cash for first place, £250 for second and dinner for two in a local restaurant for third place.
James Maguire, founder and partner at Maguire Family Law explains: “We want to encourage our thriving community to get out and about this spring and capture images of the wonderful area where we live, work and study. We plan to bring everyone together, encourage as many as possible to take part, and really celebrate everything about our fantastic slice of South Manchester!
“All ages are welcome, and the photo can be of anything, as long as it represents this area in some way — whether that’s the people, the natural environment, landmarks or local wildlife. Any camera will do — even your phone. Just make sure it’s a good quality image, as we will print out and display blown up versions of the final shortlisted images, later in the year”.
The shortlist will be displayed in a local exhibition, and the winning photographs will be revealed at a special event. The event will include a charity raffle and the chance to buy prints of the shortlisted images. All money raised will be donated to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
James continues: “As well as being the managing director at Maguire Family Law, I’m also a keen photographer and I hope the competition gives me the opportunity to meet as many wonderful locals as possible, even sharing a few photography tips along the way!”
How will it work and what do you need to know?
- May 1 – June 30. Email photos to email@example.com
- Alternatively post to 58a Stamford New Rd, Altrincham, WA14 1EE
- Share pictures. Upload photos (a maximum of six per person) to Instagram tagging @maguirefamilylaw and @_jamesmaguire with the following #maguirefamilylaw #capturingaltrincham2022 #spring. (For those who do not use social media, do not worry, just send in the photos and they will still be entered into the competition)
- State your age. Photographers under 18 are very welcome to enter, but please seek permission from a care giver
- Judging. A panel of local judges will spend time in July looking at all the entries and selecting the shortlist
- Shortlist announcement. In August lookout for the shortlist announcement. This will be shared via social media and the local press
- Exhibition & Prize Giving. In September, come along to view the shortlist and hear the announcement of the winning three images, one from each category, on the grand opening night. The evening will include a charity raffle and the chance to buy the photography prints. All money raised will be donated to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal