Okay, so you’re looking for a new mattress in Manchester. You’ve been to the shops, and they all seem to have the same ones with no clear winner. It’s time to consider getting one delivered in a box!
Not only does this save you from having to go out and try them all, it also saves your back from carrying around heavy mattresses – HALLELUJAH!
You can find a range of mattresses at Best Boxed Mattress, and they come with free delivery straight to your door in Manchester, well all over the UK. Some companies even take away the old one, and that’s that! But you’ll have to check the site to double-check which ones do that.
Why do we love mattress in a box brands
There are always pros and cons to everything, so let’s address them. The biggest is that you don’t try out the mattress before buying. Here’s the great thing, you get a 3 month trial and longer for some brands, which beats the 5 min awkward lay down in a Manchester mattress shop any day of the week.
Some other advantages are:
- No heavy lifting or trying to fit it in your car.
- Free delivery.
- Free Trial: It might be too soft or hard for some people’s liking. But this is where trial periods come in! If it turns out that your new mattress doesn’t fit your needs, you can always return it and choose a different one.
- Cost: cutting out the retail store or showroom means you don’t pay for the markup fees either. Saving you more money.
- No salespeople bothering you to buy stock they need to sell.
- The best thing about getting an in-a-box mattress is the convenience of not having to wait for delivery or carry around heavy mattresses.
Another key point is that the mattress market is very competitive. This means the brands spend a lot more time making a better product because they know you will return it and pick a competitor’s product instead if you don’t like it.
Types of mattresses
Memory foam: These mattresses conform to your body while you sleep, providing excellent pressure relief and support for all types of people. You will enjoy an extra soft feel without having your spine misaligned or feeling pain after waking up. Memory foam tends to sink more and have less bounce compared to a hybrid mattress.
Foam: If not combined with memory foam or other materials, they can be more on the budget end of the spectrum, but you can still find comfortable foam mattresses that don’t have memory foam.
Hybrid: It has a combination of memory foam and springs that provide the best support for your body without feeling too hard or soft. The springs are pocket springs that allow excellent airflow and support compared to the traditional innerspring mattress.
Latex: Latex mattresses are known to be very durable and will last you many years – so they’re worth checking out. They don’t sleep hot either, which means you can sleep comfortably without waking up in a sweaty mess.
Airbeds: Air mattresses (also known as airbeds) are an exciting type of mattress that can be both good and bad. It’s great because the air distribution ensures you sleep in your best position, so no more waking up with back pain or an achy hip!
However, it doesn’t really provide any long term type of support for your body which means you’ll feel like you’re sleeping on top of nothingness, which is suitable for camping, but we wouldn’t recommend using them permanently.
If you still want to visit the shops, we have listed 5 below:
- And So To Bed Ltd – makes classically inspired handmade beds and mattresses
- Bed Factory Direct Manchester – Direct from the factory products
- Robin Hood Bed Sales – provides furniture from innovative and traditional brands
- Bedfellas – delivers locally for free
- T.J Levy Furniture – has a Tempur showroom showcasing their products
However, be prepared to do some driving. We recommend making some online mattress comparisons instead.
There are many different types of mattresses, so you’re sure to find the right one for your needs!
Most of the time, you’ll find a mattress in the Goldilocks medium-firm zone, which is best for most sleepers. If you are on the heavier end, you’ll want to get a hybrid mattress or a firmer memory foam.
Mattress in a box brands have come a long way since they first started appearing on our screens. They offer high-quality products with significant trial periods and free delivery. So you have nothing to lose!