Screen recording is often pigeonholed as a tool to create video content – especially of a particular type. While that is certainly true, there is a lot more to it than that.
Understanding the ways that having a screen recorder can be useful could help you to take advantage of what it can do. That can really have a much bigger impact than you might think.
Peerless Tool to Save Content
The main reason having a screen recorder is useful is simple: It can save anything that you need it to.
As a tool to save content screen recording has no equal. It can record video footage of anything that is on your screen whether it is an app, a work in progress, or even another video.
Suffice to say it can be used in the same way screenshots are popularly used, but is far more versatile. Some of the ways you may want to use it to save content are by:
- Saving online video calls from apps such as Skype, Google Hangouts, and so on.
- Documenting bugs and other issues you encounter to help make it easier to ‘show’ tech support staff what the problem is, or get help from social media.
- Saving online videos from websites, within apps, or online streaming platforms. It can save live content as well, from any source.
- Preserving ephemeral content that would typically display after a fixed time period.
- Sharing the current status of a piece of work or task by recording a video showing exactly what the progress is and possibly explaining it via a voiceover.
- Save online radio or soundtracks from videos by learning how to record audio on Mac or PC using screen recording.
Make no mistake the list of potential ways that saving content from your screen can come in handy is a lot longer than that – but you should get the picture from those examples.
Create a Diverse Range of Content
Naturally another big reason why having a screen recorder can be useful is because it is a valuable tool to create content. Odds are you already knew that, but what you may not realize is just how diverse the range of content it can create truly is.
In many ways screen recording is the single-best option to create content that requires you to record video footage of any type of digital product. It could be a how-to guide, product demonstration, review, case study, comparison, or even a list.
On top of that there are other types of videos that can be created as well. One of the most notable examples are expert interviews, online Q&A sessions, and discussion panels that can be created by recording video calls.
If you have never tried using screen recording in the past, you should make it a point to start – soon. Nowadays screen recorders are more widely available and easy to use than ever before, so you should have no trouble getting started and benefiting from all that it can do.