The labor market is developing rapidly, offering more and more new opportunities for working online. The huge advantage of online earnings is that you can start doing it without giving up your current job. Choosing the online practices in the form of additional earnings, you can see all the sides of this activity. And only then you could make the choice – whether to make this work the main type of employment or whether to leave it as an additional profit.
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular forms of making money online. It is effective for producers and service providers. Therefore, its sector in the service market is growing every year, which creates more and more space for earning. But starting your career in affiliate marketing, it is important to understand the average affiliate marketing income.
Affiliate Marketing in a Nutshell
Participation in affiliate programs is a type of activity that allows you to earn money on unobtrusive advertisements for certain products or services through your web resources (e.g., website, blog, social media, etc.) In this case, producers or service providers pay you a commission to sell their product to your referral (a customer that you attract). Every time someone buys products or services thanks to a link situated at your resources, you get a percentage from sales. Some affiliate programs pay commissions to marketers not only for sales but even for the act of clicking on your link or demonstrating ads to the visitors of your site.
What Are the Benefits of Affiliate Marketing for Marketers?
- Affiliate marketing is a kind of passive income. That is why money will be transferred to your account at any time of the day, even when physically you will not be working.
- Affiliate programs allow you to earn extra money comparable to full-time income.
- Affiliate marketing is not difficult in its realization. Of course, certain skills and knowledge, strategic planning, and consistent effort will give you a chance to earn significantly more. However, you can start this activity with that knowledge base that you already have and acquire new abilities in the process.
- If you are already active in the information space and have a certain subscriber base, you practically do not need to do anything additional. Just post links to certain products in your materials. However, if you are new to the information environment, you first need to define your niche and create a subscriber base.
Average Income of Affiliate Marketers and Other Important Numbers
- According to PayScale, high-income affiliate marketers on average earn $50,617 per year.
- According to Statista, in the USA alone affiliate marketing spending will grow in 2022 to $8.2 billion.
- Affiliate marketing spending in the United States is growing at an annual rate of 10.1%. And worldwide affiliate marketing spending (CAGR) is increasing by 27 percent on average per year (according to SoftwareFindr). This amount of invested money inspires tremendous optimism in experienced marketers and encourages newcomers.
- Affiliate marketing is very popular and highly demanded among advertisers and publishers. According to Rakuten Marketing, more than 80 percent of advertisers and 84 percent of publishers use affiliate marketing programs.
- Affiliate marketing accounts for 15% of the revenue of the entire digital media industry (according to Business Insider).
- Affiliate marketing is one of the main methods of attracting clients and customers. This opinion was expressed by 38% of all marketers who took part in the survey (according to the National Retail Federation).
Start your affiliate marketer career as a chance to get additional income. Soon you will be convinced that this activity gives you not only a sufficient amount of money but also greater freedom. Also, it allows you to realize your creative abilities and to get important skills that will always be demanded in your life.