Stockport County came seconds within inflicting defeat upon table-topping Salford City, in front of a bumper crowd at Edgeley Park, before an equaliser by the ‘Ammies’ deep into added time gave the teams a share of the points from an entertaining game.

The Hatters twice led through leading scorer Jason Oswell and substitute Bohan Dixon but goals from Jack Redshaw and a ninety second Michael Nottingham header kept the Ammies two points clear at the top of the Conference North table.

FC United continued their climb up the table with a 1-0 win against Southport on Sunday, Tom Greaves’ twelf minute strike the difference between the two clubs.

In the Northern Premier League Altrincham’s 1-0 win at Farsley Celtic that reinforced their hold on top spot.The turning point in the game coming as Farsley’s Dan Cockerline was shown a straight red card for a late challenge on Tom Hannigan. The Robins made the most of the man advantage by breaking the deadlock three minutes later through Jordan Hulme.

Two goals from Nic Evangelinos and a third from Liam Tomsett secured a 3-0 win for Ashton which sends them up to sixth in the table and knocking on the door of the playoffs.

In Division One North, Hyde United thrashed bottom club Goole 5-0 to maintain their challenge and are now just three points behind the leaders South Shields.

Trafford are sixth three points behind after a solitary but stunning goal by Jack Dorney two minutes into injury time earned them the points against a hard-working and well organised Ossett Albion outfit at the First Point Shawe View Stadium.

Droylsden slipped to eight after their unbeaten run came to an end at the Butcher’s Arms against second place Scarborough. Luke Daly had given the Bloods an early lead but three second half injuries let the visitors in scoring three in the last fifteen minutes.

Promotion chasers Bamber Bridge were worthy winners at Mossley’s Seel Park.James Boyd put the visitors ahead in the fisrt half, Mason Duffy equalising for the home team against the run of play but the visitors  re-took the lead on the stroke of half time as Brad Carsley, the same player settling the three points late in the second half.

Meanwhile Radcliffe Borough battled the conditions to score a 3-1 victory over Ramsbottom, taking a first half lead through Kingsley Williams while second half goals from Szymon Czubik and Henoc Mukendi sealed the win.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here