Stockport leisure destination, Redrock, is on the hunt for local people to be its dedicated vloggers during 2020.
Home to The Light Cinema, Pizza Express, Zizzi, The Gym Stockport, Berretto Lounge and
Mangobean, Redrock is looking for a family, couple or group of friends to help showcase the
destination in a series of monthly vlogs.
The winners will receive an exclusive experience each month for six months starting in January, including new menu tastings, film screenings, pizza-making classes, personal training sessions and more which they will be asked to capture on film.
No previous vlogging experience is necessary and Redrock’s marketing team will be on-hand to assist with editing. Entrants must live within a five-mile radius of Stockport town centre with a maximum of six people per entry.
Victoria Nichol, Redrock and Merseyway Centre Manager said: “Since its launch two years ago, Redrock has firmly established itself as a popular leisure destination in the town and now we’re keen to showcase the development through the eyes of local consumers. No experience is necessary, we’re just looking for a group of local people, who could be a family, a couple, a group of friends, work colleagues or college students who are happy to come to Redrock each month for a complimentary experience and capture their visit on camera.”
To enter, entrants should send a short video of no more than two minutes in length introducing themselves and explaining why they’d like to be Redrock’s vloggers in 2020 to email@example.com by Friday 6 December 2019.
tT help entrants, Redrock has the following top five tips for potential vloggers:
1. Don’t copy – it’s okay to take inspiration from other vloggers but make sure your content is authentic and original.
2. Lighting is key, so ensure your background is well lit or use natural lighting which looks great in almost every instance.
3. Make the first 15 seconds count. With so much content out there, keep viewers interested by giving them a quick glimpse of what’s going to happen later in your vlog.
4. Go easy on the filters- viewers like the video to look as real as possible.
5. You don’t need to be a professional editor, but try and make the video flow to your best