Transport bosses are warning Metrolink customers to expect disruption due to an unsafe building.
Mosely Street in the city centre has been closed to all traffic and pedestrians, and the following Metrolink services are affected:
· The Altrincham service is operating between Altrincham to Deansgate-Castlefield only.
· The Eccles service is operating between Eccles to Cornbrook via MediaCityUK only.
· The Manchester Airport service is operating between Manchester Airport to Firswood Only.
· The Ashton service is operating between Ashton to Piccadilly Station only.
· The Bury to Altrincham service is being diverted through Exchange Square.
· Bury to Piccadilly
· Rochdale to East Didsbury (2CC)
· Shaw to East Didsbury (2CC)
Rail tickets are being accepted between Deansgate-Castlefield and Piccadilly.
Danny Vaughan, Head of Metrolink, said: “The closure of Mosely Street has impacted Metrolink services through the city centre. We are running a reduced service on the Altrincham, Eccles, Ashton and Manchester Airport lines to ensure the safety of our customers.
“Mosely Street will remain closed until the building can be assessed, so we don’t yet know how long the disruption will last for. We are advising all customers to allow extra time for journeys while the road closure is in place, particularly those heading into the city tonight and over the weekend.
“We will update the Metrolink website when more information becomes available. Customers can also follow @MCRMetrolink on Twitter for regular updates.
“We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but unfortunately the road closure is beyond our control and customer safety is our utmost priority.”