Playing slots online is a favorite pastime for countless people in the UK. With many magnificent themes and exciting gameplay features, there are endless hours of enjoyment when you are playing these games.
However, you need to decide on which online casino you are going to be playing these games with. There are a few different variables to consider when choosing a site, but perhaps the most important initial decision is whether to use a GamStop online casino or a non-GamStop online casino.
Online casinos that are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission will have a requirement to be a part of GamStop. This means that there are going to be certain restrictions on the bets you can make on slot games, as well as having delays to spinning and limited auto play features. These restrictions are not in place on non-GamStop casinos, which is why many people prefer to use these types of platforms.
Why play slots without GamStop?
There are many great aspects of GamStop casinos. They allow problem gamblers to limit their online activity for a certain period of time, with these platforms also offering good consumer protection. However, there are a few downsides that need to be considered also.
There are restrictions on slot games with GamStop casinos. This includes curtailments on how much you can bet per spin, the speed in between spins, and limits on using autoplay features. You will also need to consider some more general points. The bonus offers on non-GamStop casinos tend to be a lot better than GamStop casinos.
This is because there are fewer regulatory conditions in place, meaning that the bonus amounts are bigger and it is more realistic that you will meet the turnover conditions and be able to cash out some of the bonus funds. There will also be the ability to use credit cards when depositing to non-GamStop casinos, as well as no length verification processes to slow you down when you just want to play slots not on GamStop. These are two fundamental user “must-features” that are essential the total gaming experience
What slots are there?
If you are using non-GamStop casinos, this does not mean that you won’t be able to play games from many top-notch developers. As there is less regulation, you will often find a lot more innovative developers supplying games to a given platform than you would with a GamStop casino.
Oftentimes, you will only come across the same few developers supplying games to GamStop casinos. These other types of developers often are more innovative and not as conservative as the more established companies. This lends itself to a much more exciting playing experience.
While there may be some game developers who prefer to only serve GamStop casinos, these are only rare exceptions. Many of the most popular slots in the world will be playable on non-GamStop casinos. There will also often be thousands of different slots on offer, so you will never get bored with this massive variety.
Pros of Slots not on GamStop
There are a number of advantages associated with playing slots on non-GamStop casinos. As well as allowing people to get around the GamStop self-exclusion, there are a few more aspects to consider:
- Simple Verification: A lot of GamStop casinos have extensive verification procedures that cause a lot of hassle for players. With most non-GamStop casinos, there are usually no strict verification rules. With the offshore platforms, there is even the option to play completely anonymously for real money by creating an account.
- Credit Cards: As part of the UK Gambling Commission rules, no GamStop casinos are able to accept deposits from people using credit cards. There is no such rule in place for non-GamStop casinos. This is a very useful and safe way to make deposits, with most non-GamStop platforms accepting credit cards.
- Lower limits: High rollers, in particular, enjoy using non-GamStop casinos as there are not really any major limits on how much they can bet per spin. GamStop casinos have slower spin speeds and usually limit autoplay features. These will not be issues with non-GamStop sites.
- Independent operators: As the non-GamStop casinos are not confined to the very strict rules of the UK Gambling Commission, they have a lot more freedom with regards to their bonus offers and games. This means that you will often get access to better bonus offers that give you a more realistic chance of cashing out some of the bonus funds.
Cons of Slots not on GamStop
As you can see, there are plenty of great pros associated with playing slots on non-GamStop casinos. However, there are still a few drawbacks that need to be considered. This allows you to make a balanced decision for yourself by weighing up the pros and cons. Here are some of the current drawbacks:
- No games from some big developers: While there will be many leading developers supplying games to non-GamStop casinos, there are still going to be some that prefer to stick with GamStop platforms. The likes of NetEnt do not supply games to these online casinos, only focusing on casinos that are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. There will be plenty of alternatives on non-GamStop casinos at least.
- No GamStop coverage: Problem gambling is a very serious issue and it affects a lot of people. Non-GamStop casinos will not be covered by the likes of GamStop. This means that you can get around self-exclusion problems and still gamble despite having a problem. A lot of the non-GamStop sites will have their own self-exclusion programs.
- Lack of consumer protection: If you are using non-GamStop and you are a UK resident, if something goes wrong it can be a lot harder to get the issue resolved. For UK-licensed sites, you have consumer rights in the country that the casinos need to adhere to. This is usually not the case with non-GamStop casinos. This is why it is important that you do your research and only use non-GamStop casinos that are well-respected and secure.
Are the slots safe and random?
One of the main concerns people have about non-GamStop casinos is whether or not the slots are far and random. All of the standout options will have their games tested by an independent authority such as eCOGRA to give you peace of mind in this regard.
The providers of the games themselves are also licensed, meaning that all of these slots titles are going to be safe to play. This means that you can focus on playing your favorite online slots without having any worries.