Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has today announced a ‘hol lot more sun’ for Summer 19 from Manchester Airport.
With flights and holidays going on sale today, this marks the company’s biggest ever summer programme from the base, and there is even more good news coming soon!
On the back of a bumper Summer 18 programme, there is significant growth in response to demand for flights and holidays in Summer 19. The addition of 300,000 seats means that 2.8 MILLION seats are going on sale, a 12% capacity increase. This means two additional aircraft coming into operation at Manchester Airport, including a second Airbus A330.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist will fly to 46 sun and city destinations in Summer 19, including a NEW ROUTE to the French harbour port of La Rochelle. Holidaymakers can also look forward to more flights and holidays to some of their favourite destinations such as Spain, Portugal, Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, Greece and Turkey. The additional flights and holidays are as follows:
· NEW ROUTE to La Rochelle – The picturesque harbour port of La Rochelle is the newest addition, with weekly Saturday departures commencing on 25th May 2018. Lined with seafood restaurants, the city is popular with boating enthusiasts. With a well-preserved walled old town at the heart of the city, La Rochelle also provides access via bridge to Il de Re, an Atlantic-coast island of dunes and pine forest – a relaxed destination with beautiful villages, long golden beaches and rural cycle paths
· Canary Islands – up to 28 weekly services to the Canaries and more seats on sale to each of the islands (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote). An Airbus A330 will operate on many flights to Lanzarote and Tenerife.
· Alicante – two services every day, including the introduction of flights on an Airbus A330 aircraft, meaning more seats than ever to the Spanish sunshine
· Malaga – more services thanks to double services (apart from Wednesdays), meaning 13 flights every week to choose from
· Faro – more capacity, choice and flexibility with up to three services every day
· Madeira – the addition of Sunday services means three weekly flights and a capacity increase of 30%
· Majorca – increased number of services means up to 26 flights during peak periods to the UK’s most popular holiday destination
· Menorca – larger aircraft means a huge 25% capacity increase
· Ibiza – up to 14 services every week and more services at the beginning and the end of summer
· Antalya – capacity growth of more than 20% including the introduction of flights on an Airbus A330 aircraft
· Dalaman – longer season length and increased frequency means 30% capacity increase, as Turkey continues to experience strong demand
· Cyprus – addition of a Sunday service means five flights a week to Larnaca, and a new Thursday service means daily services to Paphos
· Dubrovnik – now five services every week thanks to the addition of Friday flights
· Barcelona – a new Wednesday service means six flights every week
· Rome – now a daily service thanks to the addition of Wednesday flights
· Naples – longer season and larger aircraft means a capacity growth of 16%.
Today’s announcement comes in response to continued demand for great value package holidays from Manchester Airport. With more services and frequencies, holidaymakers are even more spoilt for choice when it comes to where and when they would like to getaway, with more flexible durations available.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We are putting our biggest ever summer programme on sale from Manchester Airport, with 2.8 million seats and a brand new route to La Rochelle. The addition of a second Airbus A330 aircraft represents another huge investment in our base here, and gives local holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility with our award winning airline and tour operator. Yet another summer of growth here at Manchester Airport is only possible thanks to our loyal customers, and it shows that our hard work in offering them great value package holidays and family friendly flights is working. We’re not done yet, so keep an eye out for even more great Summer 19 news from your local airport!”
Stephen Turner, Commercial Director at Manchester Airport, said: “It’s fantastic to see Jet2.com and Jet2holidays continuing to grow at Manchester Airport with two additional aircraft and extra capacity on key destinations around Europe. La Rochelle is a new route for our passengers and one I’m sure will prove hugely popular.”